MLE provides equitable career opportunities which foster mentorship, empowerment, leadership, and growth in an entrepreneurial environment.
We are searching for a part-time production manager to oversee the sampling and manufacturing of jewelry, leather, fabric, and acetate based goods. This is an ongoing opportunity, approximately 5-10 hours of work available each week.
Please note this role requires some work on site at MLE's headquarters in Saugerties, New York and visiting MLE manufacturing sites in New York City to review production progress confirm the production quality. Work may also be done remotely at the candidate & company's discretions.
Tasks will include:
- regularly communicating with manufacturers to maintain production schedule and quality standards
- researching & contacting new production companies & vendors for sampling & manufacturing quotes
- sourcing materials for sampling & production
- costing samples & production runs
- calculating production yields
- purchasing materials for production
- negotiating pricing & deadlines with vendors
Candidate must be:
- A whiz with excel spreadsheets
- Detail oriented
- COVID19 vaccinated
Prior experience building excel spreadsheets and managing production for a fashion or jewelry brand required.
Please email your resume, cover letter, work portfolio, and expectations for hourly rate with a W-9 to email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!