MLE provides equitable career opportunities which foster mentorship, empowerment, leadership, and growth in an entrepreneurial environment.
We are searching for a sample maker or experienced sewer to assist with sample and order production for fabric and leather based accessories. This is an ongoing opportunity, with work available a minimum of 1-3 days per week, with 5-8 hours of work each day.
Please note this role requires some work on site at MLE's headquarters in Saugerties, New York, at least 1 day a week to review new designs and confirm the production quality. Work may also be done offsite at the candidate & company's discretions.
Tasks will include:
- drafting or adjusting patterns
- cutting and ironing fabric
- sewing cotton and silk with an industrial machine and serger
- cutting, stitching, and riveting leather
- setting up and running an embroidery machine to embroider fabric details
Candidate must be:
- Extremely detail oriented
- COVID19 Vaccinated
Prior experience using a walking foot sewing machine, industrial machine, serger and with women's accessories preferred.
Please email your resume, cover letter, work portfolio, and expectations for hourly rate with a W-9 to email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!